We all know that security and safety are important. However, many of us don’t know how to put it into action. What should we do when there’s an intruder in our home? How can we protect ourselves from an attacker? How can we react if someone tries to steal our car? How can you perform your security officer job better?
These are questions that we think about now and then, but they’re not easy to answer. And that’s where getting an online Florida security license comes in. Florida Security License Training Online can provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools that will allow you to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm. Here’s how you can obtain a Florida security license online.
How to Obtain an Online Florida Security License: 5 Things to Do
A Florida Security License is one of the most sought-after licenses in the country. It’s an official document that lets you work in a security officer role and can be obtained through an online course.
If you’re a Florida resident interested in obtaining an online Florida Security License, here are five things you should do to make sure your application goes through smoothly:
1. Meet the eligibility requirements.
It’s important to know if you’re eligible for a security license in Florida. There are different requirements for unarmed and armed security officers. For example, to be an unarmed security officer in Florida, you must:
- be a citizen of the United States or a legal resident with a social security number.
- be 18 years of age or older.
- Do fingerprinting.
- complete a security officer class D and 40 hours of training.
- submit an application (notarized) to the Florida Division of Licensing.
- submit passport photographs.
To be an armed security officer, you must:
- be 21 years of age or older.
- file your application with the FDL.
- Submit to fingerprinting on a standard FBI fingerprint card.
- not have any misdemeanor or felony convictions for drug offenses, theft, or moral turpitude.
- complete a 28-hour armed training course.
2. Have all of your paperwork ready.
You’ll need to bring in some official documents at the time of application, including your birth certificate and social security card. You can also bring in other official documents as required of you.
3. Check out the training requirements for the type of license you want.
Once you know which license you want to obtain, find out what kind of training is required for that type of license by visiting the page on training requirements for each type of license.
4. Select the course you want to take and get your license.
You should go on to select the course you want to take. Some of the courses include the Security Officer D License course; the Security Officer G License Armed License course; the Security Officer D & G License Courses; Concealed Weapon Firearm License Classes, etc.
5. Apply for a job (if you’re taking the course for this purpose).
Once you receive your license, contact the company that employs you as soon as possible (if it is for a business) so they can update their records with the new status quo!
The Florida Security Licensing Training Online is an easy and flexible program that helps you become a better security professional. Now, you can protect what matters the most to you or do your job better as a security officer!