Over the past couple of years, it has been observed that the demand of rubber tiles has soared exponentially. Rubber tiles make for an excellent option in flooring and they are used extensively in gyms, weight rooms and field houses, around the world. They are also used in many homes as well as commercial buildings. Many home and businesses owners tend to favor rubber tiles because of the wide range of benefits that can be availed from their usage. To begin with, rubber tiles are highly resilient as well as durable and very easy to maintain. That’s not all, rubber tiles are also available in a wide range of colors and designs that can easily fit the decor of literally any space. If you have been meaning to try out rubber tiles but still haven’t been able to make up your mind, then read on further to know the key benefits and the most compelling reasons for buying them.
- Durable as well as Resilient :- One of the main factors in the favor of rubber tiles is that they are highly durable as well as resilient. High resiliency means that they can easily withstand very high volumes of foot traffic. That’s not all, rubber tiles are also known to be highly water resistant and this means that there is little or no chance of rubber tiles getting damaged by either moisture or spills. The durability and resiliency of rubber tiles is because of rubber’s natural and intrinsic elasticity. Rubber can absorb impact very easily and this is perhaps one of the biggest reasons they are used so prominently in gyms and weight rooms, around the world. Again rubber’s natural ability to absorb impact makes it a very good option for commercial settings where people are mostly found standing on their feet. Thus, rubber tiles are considered to be the best option for most type of settings because they can easily absorb impact and improve comfort and further substantially reduce the risk of injuries as well as fatigue.
- Low maintenance :- Some people are under the wrong impression that rubber tiles need a lot of efforts for maintenance. In fact in stark contrast to the view held by most people, rubber tiles are actually very easy and convenient to maintain. As long as you vacuum regularly, you will be good to go because rubber tiles are known to accumulate debris and dirt quite frequently. You don’t need to mop the floor every single day of the week, just once a week will work as well. Just mop it well and use a fine mixture of water and mild detergent for best results. One important thing to note here is that you should never use harsh chemicals for cleaning flooring made of rubber tiles because such chemicals can actually end up damaging the rubber, in more ways than one. Also, the next time you have a spill, you should clean it up rather quickly because it is important to do so if you intend to keep your rubber tiles floor protected.
- Eco-Friendly :- One of the best qualities of rubber is that it is a natural raw material and this means that it is highly renewable. This means that rubber can be easily recycled which is one of the main reasons to explain why rubber is so extensively used in such a wide range of applications. Some modifications can be made to rubber tiles to make them good options for mulch as well as other playground surfaces. Though this might not really be on your agenda or even on your priorities list but you can actually be doing your bit for the environment when you begin using rubber tiles as a flooring option in the gyms that you own or manage and the same applies to weight rooms.
- Excellent Slip Resistance :- Another important factor in the favor of rubber tiles is that they have excellent slip resistance which means that they can easily exceed the minimum standards that are stipulated for the “coefficient of friction”. This is one of the most important reasons why rubber tiles are used as gym flooring. Further, these qualities also mean that rubber tiles make for excellent options in both nursing homes as well as other healthcare facilities.
Let’s have a look at some of the additional benefits of rubber tiles
- they can easily absorb sound and resist static
- they are highly resistant to water as well as moisture
- they have very high impact resistance
- they have found to be highly resistant to scratches as well as scuff marks
- also been found to be very resistant to chemical spills as well as cigarette burns
- they have a uniform color which works to the benefit of people looking forward to applying them on gym floors
- rubber tiles are free of PVC and highly resistant to mold, stains as well mildew
The Bottom Line
Despite the fact that so many benefits can be availed from their usage, some people still aren’t big fans of rubber tiles because of the fact that such tiles can actually prove to be a little more expensive in comparison to other alternatives available in the market. In addition to all this, rubber tiles are also believed to be quite difficult to maintain which is yet another factor against them. After taking all the different factors and pros and cons into consideration, it can be said without the slightest shred of doubt that while rubber tiles might be a little more expensive than some other flooring options they actually make for a very good long-term investment.