The most common question asked by users is how to setup HP Wireless Printer to a MacBook Pro. As you may know, Mac OS uses the wireless router to identify printers on the same network. Your wired network can be converted to a wireless one with a router.
Moreover, AirPrint supports printing directly from Mac devices. You can print from most apps that have a printing feature. HP is undoubtedly a household name when it comes to printers and laptops. HP is using cutting-edge technology to make sure its users stay entertained.
The majority of HP printers today support direct Wi-Fi, mobile printing, etc. It can be confusing for Mac users to figure out how to setup HP Wireless Printer on MacBook Pro. In light of these things, let’s take a look at the steps to set up a HP wireless printer with your MacBook Pro.
Easy and Simple Steps to Connect an HP Wireless Printer to a MacBook Pro
To connect your HP wireless printer to the MacBook Pro, follow these steps.
- Connect your HP printer to the MacBook Pro via wireless or wired mode.
- The printer and MacBook Pro must share the same internet connection.
- The HP printer must be turn on.
- Navigate to the setup suite using your MacBook Pro’s browser.
- Remember that you have to download the driver software for your HP printer.
- Download and extract the files and accept all the terms and conditions.
- Click on the continue button to have access to the files in your Mac.
- In the dropdown list, you can discover the name of your wireless HP printer.
- Choose the printer name from the list of detected devices.
- If your HP printer has not detected, ensure that the printer is turn on.
- Select the printer and click on the continue button to commence the process.
- For the printer to connect without any issues, you must select either the USB connection or the wireless connection.
- Continue with the printer driver installation process.
- After the printer has been installed, click on the finish button. Your HP printer is now connected wirelessly to your MacBook Pro.
What to do when your Wireless Printer is not there in the MacBook Pro?
Many people still face issues even when they know how to setup HP wireless printer to MacBook Pro. Here are some steps you should follow to sort out the issue.
Check the Status of the Network
Always ensure that your network is functioning properly. On the other hand, you also have to check whether or not the printer is ready for AirPrint. You can open the wireless network or settings menu on the printer to verify that the WLAN signal is turned on or not. Ensure that the wireless indicator light is on and stable.
Next up, you can check the network icon in the menu bar of your MacBook Pro. Also, check whether the MacBook Pro has steady internet or not. If you find your MacBook Pro to be in the same network, you have to verify the band of the router. Not many HP printer support the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. Always opt for the 2.4 GHz band to ensure uninterrupted connection. We hope that the steps above will help you connect an HP wireless printer to your MacBook Pro.