Occasionally, a customer may receive the error message ‘Ink system error oxc19a0020‘ when printing a document using the HP Smart Photo Printer. Users can try a few steps to resolve the error before contacting technical support. The following tips will help you fix printer error HP oxc19a0020.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and leave the power on.
- Remove the cartridges from the printer by removing the cartridge installation access cover.
- Keep the printer on while you close the access cover. Ink must be inserted after the machine displays the message “Insert cartridge”.
- Next, disconnect the power cable from the machine, and then cut the power supply.
- Wait at least sixty seconds before reconnecting the power cord. If the machine does not turn on automatically, turn it on manually by pressing the power button.
- Install the cartridges in the printer and close the access cover.
- Whenever possible, print a calibrated page before printing an appropriate document.
- Replace the USB cable and connect it to a computer to verify that the printing is working.
If this step fails, try the next step.
Also Read: Setup HP Wireless Printer to MacBook Pro
- Turn off your printer before beginning the process.
- Remove all ink cartridges from the machine. Make sure there are no remnants of tape left in the ink cartridges after they have been removed.
- Make sure to wear gloves when cleaning the printer or cartridges. Wet cotton swabs can also be used to remove ink. After cleaning the inked areas of the printer and the cartridges, continue cleaning the residual ink until the swabs come out clean.
- Check the condition of the cartridges. If they have low status, they are more likely to bleed or bulge.. Getting rid of them as quickly as possible will prevent leaks from occurring. Replace them with new and original cartridges.
- Unplug the printer after replacing all cartridges and cleaning the ink-printing machine. Wait at least a minute before plugging it back in. Make sure the cartridges are bleeding before plugging it back in. If not, start the HP printer and print.
- To solve the problem, the user can also try to clean the cartridges. To clean the cartridges, moisten a lint-free cloth with distilled water.
- Gently wipe off the copper-colored area of the cartridge.
- Next, wipe the area that was wiped with the damp cloth with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Replace the cartridges in the machine slot after letting them dry for a minimum of ten minutes.
- If more error messages appear, consult the control panel; if not, connect the printer to the computer and try printing.
For assistance if the error message ‘Inks in the oxc19a0020 system’ or Printer Error HP oxc19a0020 appears again, contact HP customer service.