Dabbing is gaining steady popularity as more state begins to legalize cannabis. Using a dab rig can be confusing and even dangerous for those who don’t fully understand how it works. Dabbing is preferable to smoking because they have purer concentrates.
Knowing how to take a dab involves understanding the equipment and the way it works. Using a dab rig involves you learning about them. Many want to dab but are not aware of the basics.
Before learning how to use a dab rig, you need to familiarize yourself with the dabbing vocabulary.
What is a Dab Rig?
Dab rigs, which are also known as oil rigs or dab pipes, are designed specifically to take cannabis concentrate. They possess a similar look and structure to a glass water pipe. Most dab rigs come in various dab straw to electronic dab rigs.
Dab rigs work by heating the nail surface for a specific time. The dab quickly evaporates when dropped on the nail, and the vapor created is drawn through a water chamber into your lungs.
- Dab Rigs: a device used for consuming cannabis.
- Nail: a heating element attached to a dab rig.
- Electronic nail: An electric-powered heating element that serves as a torch alternative.
- Dabber: A tool used to drop the dab on the nail.
- Dab: Cannabis concentrate and can be in the form of oil, wax, or powder.
- Carb cap: a lid used to cover the dab while it vaporizes.
- Torch: a lighter is used to heat the nail to the desired temperature before applying the dab.
Step-by-Step Process of Using a dab rig
Dabbing is a simple process once you are familiar with the procedure of setting it up. Even though techniques vary with equipment, the basics are still the same.
- The first step is to add water to the dab rig chamber.
- The next process in preparing a dab rig is securing the nail to the rig. This step is absolutely crucial because if your dab is not properly secured, dabbing may become uncomfortable. Ensure that the nail is properly fastened to the rig.
- Heating the nail is the next step. This can be done using a lighter or any other heating element. The nail should be heated for 20-30 seconds or until it has a reddish glow.
- After heating, allow the nail to cool for a few minutes. Ensure that the heated nail is away from your skin to avoid burns.
- Using a dabber, place your dab on the nail. Wait until the dab has completely evaporated. This will happen quickly if the nail is properly heated.
- After the oil has evaporated, you will see vapors filling the glass. Inhale the flavors but not too quickly, irritating your throats or lungs.
- Continue to heat the nail and apply dab as long as you desire.
- Once you are done dabbing, wipe the nail with an alcohol swab to remove any residue.
Know more details visit here: how to smokable herbs.