Garmin.com/express: Garmin Express is a desktop app for managing your Garmin devices in one place. Using the application, you’ll be able to register, set up, update, and manage your device by connecting it to the computer. From garmin.com/express, Windows and Mac PC users can download the Garmin app.
You can download, install, and update Garmin Maps using Garmin.com/Express, and you can keep track of all the changes in your routes using Garmin Express.
To perform any of the tasks, e.g. register, setup, or update the Garmin.com/express Device, you must first connect the device to your computer.
System Requirements For Garmin.com/express Windows
- Windows 7 (service pack 1) and later versions with Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 included.
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- 1 GB RAM.
- USB Port.
- Internet Connectivity.
- Up to 20 GB of free storage space, depends on the update you are installing
System Requirements For Mac PC
- OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6 and later versions.
- 1440 x 900 screen resolution.
- 1 GB RAM.
- Internet Connectivity.
- Up to 20 GB free space, depending on the update you are installing.
Garmin.com/Express Download and Installation
To install a Garmin on any device or map update, you must first download and install Express from garmin.com/express. The Garmin Express Download process is simple and quick. You should review these instructions to avoid making any mistakes.
Download Garmin Express Process
- Go to any web browser on your computer.
- Enter garmin.com in the address bar to open the Garmin homepage.
- Click on the search button.
- Go to the Automotive tab and select the Garmin Express option under the Discover menu.
- Now you will land on the Express webpage from where you can download the application on your device.
Note that you can also visit garmin.com/express directly to access Garmin Express webpage directly
- After scrolling down a little, you will see two options, “Download For Windows” and “Download Garmin Express for Mac”. Click on the desired option according to the operating system of your computer.
- The download will start. Wait for a while for the download to complete and then continue with the installation.
Garmin.com/Express Installation Process
- Open file manager and go to Downloads.
- Double click on the downloaded GarminExpress.exe or GarminExpressInstaller.exe file.
- Click on the Run button to initiate the installation.
- Now go through the terms and conditions of Garmin and select Agree to proceed further.
- If you wish to change the installation location of the Garmin Express, follow the steps below or skip to the next step directly:
- Click on the Options tab and select Browse.
- Select your preferred installation location and click OK.
- Select the Back button to go back to the installation wizard. Now click on the Install button.
- Once it is over, select Launch Garmin Express.
- Select Get Started and you are all set.
- Open the Downloads folder or wherever you have saved the Express app setup file.
- Double click on the setup file and then click on the “Install Garmin Express” icon.
- Confirm the installation by selecting Continue.
- Go through the License Agreement for Garmin Software and click Continue.
- Next, you need to select Agree when the prompt appears.
- Click on Install and enter your Mac system credentials.
- Enter the username and password and select Install Software.
- Wait for a couple of minutes as the installation completes and then click Close once it’s done.
Launch the Garmin application and get started.
Error: The Garmin Expess application is not compatible with your operating system
“NOTE: Garmin Express is not compatible with Linux and Chromebooks at this time.”
In the event your Windows computer meets the system requirements but you still encounter the error, make sure compatibility mode is enabled. If it is, go to Settings and turn it off immediately.
Before installing Express, Mac users must also disable compatibility mode.
To fix the compatibility issue on your Windows/Mac, follow these steps:
- Go to the folder where you have saved the setup file.
- Right-click the installation file and select Properties.
- Choose the “Change the settings for all users” option under the Compatibility tab.
- Select OK to apply the changes.
Garmin Express: Adding OR Removing a Device
You need a USB cable to connect your Garmin Device to your computer in order to install garmin.com/express map updates. Once Garmin Express detects your device, you can proceed to add it to the Garmin.com/express app by following the steps below.
Note: In order to connect your Forerunner 910XT/610/410/405CX/405/310XT, Vivomove, or Vivofit 1/2/3/4 to the Garmin app, you will need an ANT stick.
How to Add a New Device to Garmin Express
- Run Express on your computer.
- Connect your Garmin device or ANT stick to the USB port on your computer
- Then click the “Add a Device” button.
- Garmin Express will prompt you to replace any devices with the same name added to it. Please select No if you wish to keep both the device and continue.
- Once the application has detected your device, you can continue.
- To finish the setup, select Add Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Complete the setup by selecting Add Device and following the on-screen instructions.
How to Remove a Device from Garmin Express
- Install the Garmin app on your computer.
- Right-click on the device you want to delete.
- Choose “Remove from Express” and then click “Remove“.
- You can open Garmin Express by pressing and holding the CTRL key on your keyboard. Using your mouse, click on your device while holding the CTRL button.
- Finally, select the “Remove from Express” option.
- Click “Remove“.
Garmin Express Device Registration for New Users
You will need to perform this additional step if you are using Garmin.com/Express for the first time.
- From the Garmin app, select the Add Device option.
- Click Next after entering the email address registered with Garmin.
- Type in the password and select Login to your Garmin Account.
*In case you don’t have a Garmin account yet, then you should create it first.*
- Create a device name and click Next.
- You will be prompted to accept or reject “Anonymous Data Collection”. You can choose Yes or No according to your preference.
- Next you must complete the on-screen steps to connect the network.
Install Garmin Express Update for Maps and Other Devices
After you have configured your Garmin application and added and registered your Garmin device, it’s time to install updates.
- After you have registered, you will be redirected to the Garmin Express dashboard.
- Under your device name, you will see the options for software and map updates.
- As soon as you add multiple devices to the app, you will need to click on each device name to check for updates.
- Choosing “Install All” or “Select All” will now start downloading the update.
- In order to download a specific update, select View Details and click Install next to the update you wish to download.
- After you click the Install button, it will direct you to the “Terms and Conditions” page. Read them and click “Accept” if you agree.
- Select Continue to start the installation.
- When the installation is finished, do not disconnect the device from the computer as soon as you see the “Installation Successful” message. I will wait a bit longer to see if there are any more updates. You can disconnect your device when the app asks you to do so.
- Lastly, you need to restart your Garmin device.
This was the overall procedure for setting up a Garmin device to install Garmin Express updates. The Garmin application detects and informs you about available updates when you connect your Garmin device. Stay up-to-date with Garmin’s latest software and map updates to get the best experience.
Proper Assistance From Garmin.com/express Experts
Garmin Express not only lets you manage your devices, but also upload your daily activities to Garmin Connect. Garmin.com/Express download and setup are really simple and don’t require any technical knowledge. However, if you experience any issues or need help, please contact Garmin Technical Support. We will assist you with your Garmin problem and get your device working optimally again.