Many business man use Outlook email login services as their preferred email. When you are try to login to your Outlook emal login account. It’s stops you to login to your Outlook email login account and displays Outlook email Login Error. If you are facing this Outlook Email login error. You can access your account with these possible solutions.
Also Read: How to Fix Outlook Cannot connect to server
In this artice, we will learn the different ways for how to Outlook email login error and unable to login outlook app. Read this article to learn the ways or tips.
Tips to fix Outlook Email Login Error
There are several reasons you can get Outlook login error. Outlook email Login error arises due to registry error or PST File crroupt. The reason of Microsoft outlook login error can be any. Reason of this error is whatever, but you have to fix it with the easy ways. Which you will learn in this blog. Read the detailed steps and follow them carefully.
- Delete email account
- Delete the files
- Modify your registry
- Delete Outlook key
- Enable the option Outlook Anywhere / Exchange Proxy Settings
- Allow Exchange to configure your account
- Edit Outlook accounts .xml file
- Rename your Outlook’s folder
- Update DNS records
- Use/resetnavpane parameter
Delete email account
If the problem is with the Outlook email, it results in an Outlook email login error. To fix it, you need to find and delete the profile or your email account and again add it. Here are the steps to delete and add an account:
- Type Control Panel in the search box and open it
- After opening the control panel click on Mail and then on Email accounts
- Select the account that is creating a problem and then tap on Remove. When the screen displays the confirmation message, tap on “Yes,” it will remove the Outlook account that is creating trouble.
- Now restart your Outlook to add the account again.
If merely removing the email account does not fix the problem, remove the Outlook profile with the below steps:
- Select Mail after opening the control panel
- See profile after clicking on the “Show Profiles”
- Select your Profile and tap on Remove. Click “Yes” when you see a confirmation message on the screen.
- Add profile again after removing it and enter the information that is required to add your profile.
Delete the files
Deleting files from the Outlook directory also resolves the Microsoft Outlook Email login error. Do it with these steps:
- Press Windows and R and type %localappdata% in the Run box.
- Click OK and go to the Microsoft\Outlook directory.
- Delete tmp and XML files
- Go to 16 directories to delete all the files.
Modify your registry
When you are facing login error, making changes in the registry helps you fix the problems. But changing registry files is not very easy. A single wrong change can damage your Windows. So taking backup of your registry is recommended to restore them in case of any data loss. Once the backup of your system is with you, proceed modifying the registry with the below steps:
- Press Window + R key and type regedit in the Run box.
- Click on File
- Click on All in Export range and select a location to save the backup
- Click on HKLM and then go to software and search for
- Windows NT
- Current version
- Double click on the option LoadAppInit_DLLs and adjust the value 1
- Confirm changes after clicking on OK
- Close Registry Editor and then restart your system.
Delete Outlook key from registry
Deleting the Outlook key from the registry also helps in fixing the login error. You can delete it in the following steps.
Step 1: Open Registry Editor and backup it the same way as explained in Tip 3 above
- Press the Window + R key and type regedit in the Run box.
- Click on File -> Export
Step 2: Reach Outlook key from the left pane
- Navigate through the path
Step 3: Now right-click on the Outlook key and click on Delete
Step 4: Click on Yes on the confirmation message
After deleting the Outlook key, your Outlook gets restored to default settings. Configure the Outlook the log in issue might have resolved.
Enable the option Outlook Anywhere / Exchange Proxy Settings
Outlook Anywhere is a feature that allows you to use Microsoft Outlook without a VPN when you are away from your business organization. But when you try to add the account manually to your Outlook, you might see the Outlook login error. Fix it with the below steps:
- Click on “File” and “Account Settings”
- Now click on Account Settings
- Select Exchange Account and tap on “Change”
- Select “More Settings” then click on “Connections”
- Connect to Microsoft Exchange….
- This option is under the Outlook Anywhere tab.
Save the settings and proceed using Outlook.
Allow Exchange to configure your account
Allowing Exchange to configure your Outlook account also resolves the problem. When you do it with manual mode, it can cause an error.
You only need to enter the necessary information when you are creating your account. Then click on “Next. ” The necessary configuration will be done by the Exchange in the background.
The problem is fixed, you can use your Outlook now.
Edit Outlook accounts .xml file
All the email accounts have their .xml files with their settings. But if these settings are not correct, Outlook login error appears. Fix it by editing the .xml file with the below steps:
- Open Outlook to create a POP profile without adding any information.
- Now, in the system tray looking for the Outlook icon. Hold the Ctrl key and right-click on Outlook. Select Test email autoconfiguration.
- Click on Test after entering your email and password
- If you see a confirmation box, allow AutoDiscover
- Now go to the directory through this path: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\16
- Find the .xml file that is linked with the account. Now open this file with Notepad.
- Delete all from it and paste the information that you have copied from the Auto Configuration Test. Now save the changes.
After completing all these steps, the problem might have fixed. You can even make the XML file read-only so that your computer or laptop does not modify it. Proceed it with the below steps;
- Select the properties. You can see it when you right-click on the .xml file.
- Select read-only in the Attributes and apply it.
Now your computer or laptop will not change it without notifying you.
Rename your Outlook’s local folder
By renaming the Outlook folder, you can fix Outlook login error.
- Go to %localAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook
- Select the directory that is named 16 to rename it. The name can vary depending on your Outlook version you are using. Select it, rename it, and the problem is fixed.
Update DNS records
Office 365 Business users can fix the Outlook login error by changing the DNS records with the following steps:
- Go to portal.office.com to open the admin control panel.
- Reach Domains page and select “Find and fix the issue”
- Here, you will come across the DNS settings complete list. Select your DNS record to update your domain.
- Again, select “Find and fix issues.” If everything is done correctly, you get the message that “the domain is set correctly.”
365 Business users can now delete the profile and will create new. When you enter the login details, Outlook will configure the account automatically.