Contact Lenses Services in Bolton: For the most part, being able to see well is necessary for carrying out daily tasks. For persons of all ages, good vision adds to general well-being and freedom. Many choices are available to persons who have a defective but correctable vision. Glasses, contact lenses, and laser surgery are the most popular options. The ideal solution for you is determined by your eyes, lifestyle, and budget and should be addressed with an eye specialist. So, make sure to book yourself an eye exams appointment in Bolton, Ontario.
There are numerous advantages to wearing contact lenses. It’s imperative that you keep in mind that all types of contact lenses, even cosmetic lenses that don’t necessarily correct vision but modify the color or appearance of the eye, are medical devices that must be prescribed by a professional eye doctor to get the most out of your contact lens-wearing experience.
- Most visual issues can be corrected with contact lenses, including:
- Myopia (nearsightedness) causes hazy vision in the distance.
- Far-sightedness (hyperopia) causes hazy vision when viewed up close.
- Astigmatism causes blurry vision both in the distance and up close.
- Presbyopia is a condition in which older people’s eyesight becomes blurry up close.
- For vision correction that feels and looks natural, contact lenses move with the eye. Although they are not currently approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for this purpose, several studies have demonstrated that specially fitted contact lenses can help halt the evolution of nearsightedness in children and teenagers.
- Eye specialists can choose from a wide range of contact lens materials and replacement schedules to find the greatest fit for a patient’s eyes, lifestyle, and budget.
- Individuals can keep a natural appearance without spectacles or change the appearance of their eyes with colored contact lenses if they so desire.
- When compared to individuals who wear glasses, children and adults who wear contact lenses report feeling better about their physical appearance, making them feel more self-confident and able to participate in sports and leisure activities.
- During sports and activities, well-fitting contact lenses stay in place on the eyes and improve peripheral (side) vision.
- Outdoors, in low-temperature work conditions, or when participating in sports, contact lenses do not fog up like glasses.
- Contact lens wearers can shield their eyes from the sun by using non-prescription UV-blocking sunglasses. Although contact lenses can give additional UV protection, they are not a replacement for sunglasses.
Contact Lenses: How to Look After Them
Because your contact lenses are medical equipment, it’s critical that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Here are some tips and advice to keep your contacts in good shape:
Before handling contacts, wash your hands with soap to prevent eye infections. Using a lint-free towel, pat dry.
Clean and disinfect your contacts periodically according to the manufacturer’s or your doctor’s instructions. Never wipe lenses with tap water, saliva, or bottled water, as these aren’t sterile and can cause bacteria to enter your eyes and thus your entire system.
Don’t reuse the solution in your lens case. This has the potential to spread infection.
To avoid getting it dirty, replace your contact lens case every few months.
Before putting your contacts in your eyes, be sure they are free of damage. If you’re unsure, toss them out.
For better vision care, you can always call for professional contact lenses services in Bolton, Ontario.