Best ENT Hospital in Delhi – We all know the full form of ENT that is Ear, Nose, and Throat. An ENT is a doctor specializing in all these conditions. But, did you know they specialize also includes surgical procedures related to the ear, nose, and throat. If not, then this blog will help you explore what ENT surgeons do.
They typically know ENT doctors as otolaryngologists. They are specialists in diagnosing and treating ailments related to the ear, nose, throat, and also head and neck. It specializes in both children and adults. While a general physician does not specialise in treating these areas. An ENT specialist is a trained medical and surgical expert in treating such conditions including head and neck.
Different types of ENT surgeries are designed to treat different problems. For example, an endonasal surgery is performed through the nose and aims to treat the cause of a cold that won’t go away.
What is ENT Surgery?
ENT surgery is a form of medical procedure performed by specialised ENT doctors. ENT surgery as the name suggests treats the conditions that affect the ear, nose, throat, larynx and sinus. It is one of the most diverse specialities with various sub-specialities like ear otology, pediatric, implantation oncology, neurotology, rhinology and more.
Because of the wide scope, an ENT surgeon is responsible to treat a range of conditions in children and adults. Check: Best ENT Surgeon in Delhi
Common ENT illness which requires surgery are:
- Ear problem: ear infections, foreign body removal, micro otitis, hearing implant, cochlear implant
- Nose problem: Sinus infection, snoring, deviated septum
- Throat problem: vocal cord, swallowing, tonsil, thyroid
- Head and neck
When to see an ENT surgeon?
Here are top reasons to consult an ENT doctor when you have a problem that falls into one of this expertise:
- Facial reconstruction
- Head/neck growths or tumours
- Throat disorders
- Ear Otology
Different Types of Surgery in Best ENT Hospital in Delhi
The most common types of ENT surgery are:
- Adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy: Adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure to remove Adenoids while tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove tonsils.
- Septoplasty: The procedure helps to straighten the nasal septum.
- Ear surgery: There is a wide range of ear surgical procedures, including surgeries for ear deformities, hearing, foreign body removal, ear reconstruction, and more.
- Functional endoscopic sinus: A person with recurrent sinus may require undergoing minimally invasive endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Sinus surgery: they perform Sinus surgery to remove obstruction or blockage causing a problem of sinus or snoring in a person.
- ENT oncology: It is related to treating the problem of tumours or cancer developing in the head and neck area.
- Direct laryngology: During the procedure, a surgeon uses a microscope or fibre optic endoscope to examine the larynx.
- Tracheotomy: The procedure is performed in the case when the patient has lung illness.
ENT surgery is the safest and quickest way to get treatment. The majority of the procedures are minimally invasive as well as effective. For more details, visit the best ENT hospital in Delhi.